Goals for 2018 and how I did:
- Publish 6 or 7 new books (6 of these are written and just need to be published) Didn’t get this one done. Only published four new books
- Write 120 short stories and get 90% of them out and in the mail. Another Failure. Only got about 80 done and not nearly close to 90% of them in the mail (but I can do that this year too, I bet)
- Write at least 3 novels this year. This one I think I got done. That doesn’t mean I like the books I wrote, but I am pretty sure I got one good novel out of it.
- Blog regularly at my Bonnie Elizabeth site. Didn’t get this done. Moving really pushed that out of the realm of doing.
- Blog at least semi-regularly on this site. Well, I got one blog on this site but that’s it! So another fail.
- Revamp this website. Didn’t even get on the radar
- Attend a con. Attended a supercon. I really would like to go to a fantasy and SF con, so this is a half success.
- Work on increasing author visibility and author income via networking, ads, audience building. I think I did work on this a bit more this year with a big push at the end, so this was my one big success, although I have yet to reap many rewards.
- Publish one or two collections of short stories. Not even close!
What did I do instead? Well, my husband and I moved and we didn’t like the house, so we looked for a new house which we are having built. That took more time and energy. And I think there was a little bit of burnout after the workshop I took in April. I was working myself very hard and just didn’t feel it after that. We’ll see how I do next year.
- Publish: Publish 3 new novels. I have one nearly ready and one that will probably be done so this is a push. We’ll see.
- Write: Write at least 20 short stories and four novels
- Blog: Blog regularly as Bonnie Elizabeth
- Newsletter: Get ideas for a newsletter by Bonnie Elizabeth and start that regularly
- Attend a con
- Send out: I wrote a lot of shorts last year and want to keep writing a number of shorts this year, so I need to start sending those out to markets/an or publish them
- Publish regularly: this means if I don’t have a book, I publish a novella or a short story at least once a month again.
- Move: Get moved into the new house!
- Network: Really get out there and work on networking. Again this isn’t just author networking but reader networking
- Expand distribution: both by going to Ingram for print and then by adding in other places for purchase via publish drive or another vendor like that