One thing I wish I had done was keep this blog updated more but I feel like there’s so much blogging to do and not nearly enough time for writing anything that I have to skip something. So here goes, with only one other blog post this year, I have my goals.
How’d I do last year?
- Attend Superstars. This is a different workshop with different names in Colorado. I am signed up and plane ticket is purchased so I just need to go. ATTENDED AND SIGNED UP FOR 2018!
- Write at least one short story a month and publish at least one short story a month on the months I do not publish a book or novella I PUBLISHED SOMETHING EACH MONTH BUT IN THE LATTER PART OF THE YEAR, DUE TO A CHALLENGE, I MISSED DOING TWO SHORT STORIES, ALTHOUGH I WROTE MORE THAN 12 SHORT STORIES THIS YEAR
- Publish three longer works of fiction or non-fiction (books or novellas) DONE-ONE WHISPER NOVEL AND TWO TEENAGE FAIRY GODMOTHER BOOKS
- Find a social arena in town ONCE AGAIN THIS WAS A PLACE I FELL DOWN AT DOING
- Get my freebie set up and build my mailing list to increase profitability BUILT MAILING LIST TO ABOUT 1200 PEOPLE. WORKING WITH BOOK FUNNEL NOW
- Attend at least one writing convention, either GenCon, DragonCon, and/or BoucherCon. NOPE AGAIN, MISSED OUT ON THIS
- Take a writing classes online (from Dean or somewhere else). DONE–TOOK TWO OF THE PROFICIENCY CLASSES WITH DEAN AND KRIS
- Blog regularly on Bonnie Elizabeth’s site. Twice a month minimum but stretch is weekly. SO FAR IT’S BEEN WEEKLY!
- Stretch goals:
- Do a collection of my works
- Get three full novels out DONE
- Set up a Bundle of my own on Bundle Rabbit (SETTING ONE UP, NOT PUBLISHED UNTIL JANUARY)
Overall, I’d say I did fairly well on the goals. Not perfect, but there always needs to be a stretch right?
For 2018 my goals are:
- Publish 6 or 7 new books (6 of these are written and just need to be published)
- Write 120 short stories and get 90% of them out and in the mail.
- Write at least 3 novels this year
- Blog regularly at my Bonnie Elizabeth site
- Blog at least semi-regularly on this site
- Revamp this website
- Attend a con
- Work on increasing author visibility and author income via networking, ads, audience building.
- Publish one or two collections of short stories.