- I wanted to write at least 5 books this year. Check. I actually managed seven new rough drafts
- I want to indie publish 4 books. Check. I did one under Bonnie Koenig, EAMP for potential acupuncture patients, three full length books under Bonnie Elizabeth and published one short story. I also finished a short story that was accepted into an anthology.
- I want to take at least one class from Dean Wesley Smith. Check. I actually took three classes. Totally worthwhile!
- Changing this site to an editing site. Check. I have a bit of a question on this as I seem to have lost the vision for that.
- I want to do more editing. No. I was so busy writing that I wasn’t that interested. I didn’t market. I guess that means that with the above, I wasn’t that interested.
- Working out a writing coaching program. Not even close
- Taking four of six virtual retreats with Mark at Heart of Business. Check. I think I did five!
So what are my goals for next year? I think I want to do more writing but also offering myself time to work with what I’ve done. I also need to market at little more. Clearly I’m more interested in writing than in editing and I’m okay with that.
So for 2014 my goals are:
- I want to indie publish 3 books. Lower than last year but I want to make sure I stay on top of quality and perhaps spend time creating systems that will let me feel good about working faster in future years.
- I want to take at least four out of six virtual retreats with Mark at Heart of Business. I find this very important to me
- I want to take some more classes with Dean Wesley Smith. I already have two of them picked out and I expect this will be an easy goal to make.
- I want to join at least one writing organization.
- I want to write more short stories and I want to submit at least four of them to magazines (plural) I have no goals about getting them published. I just want the experience of getting them out there
- I want to deconstruct a book in a particular genre and write one in that genre
- I want to write at least five more books.
- I want to change the look of my publishing site.
So there I am. I am also thinking I’ll probably do a little more photography for acupuncturists. I’m finding that although I don’t make much I do get a little money in pretty regularly selling acupuncture products on Zazzle. It’s not a living wage but it is steady and I want to increase that hope. We’ll see.
What are your goals?